Camera Tips and Tricks:
Sequence for Camera Set Up
“Think from the ground up”
- Set up tripod.
- Remove camera from case and make sure metal plate is secured to the bottom of the camera before placing it on the tripod.
- Mount camera and center it on the tripod holder. Tighten PAN and TILT locks to secure camera to the tripod.
- Place battery into camera
- Make sure the camera lens cover is open.
- Insert tape, do not force into carriage, close carriage where you see “push”.
- Open side view finder, and make sure setting for auto is on “lock on” position.
- Check that the recording setting is on camera and NOT on ‘memory’.
- Before shooting video, make sure camera is level and headphones are working by preforming a ‘sound check’.
- White Balance your camera.
- Check your cameras focus by zooming into your subjects eyes and spinning the focus ring until the eyes are fully detailed (if shooting an inanimate object, zoom in on a detailed portion and get focus)
- Loosen your cameras PAN and TILT locks if you are going to be moving the camera head.
- Push red RECORD button to record video. Start a few seconds before your program to ensure the camera is working properly.
- Do not zoom in and out too often. Zoom slowly and use two fingers to control the button.
Click here if you are looking for the cameras user manual